Come have FUN with the Conrads!!!

We lean on Jesus as He is our strength for everyday.
1 Peter 4:11 Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Family

 

 

 

 

Oh how I love all my family! My folks joined us this past weekend for an evening as they headed down to catch a cruise. Then Saturday after they left we headed out to Dudly Farms. Adeine wanted to go see a Farmer. Thank goodness we saw one. We also got to see many animals: cows, horse, mule, turkey (gobbling and feathers out), chickens (she got to feed them), and some rain fell. Martha and Bill caught up with us as we were just finishing. We just did it all again, Adeline loved it! It was a beautiful overcast day. It hasn't rained in a long time and in its own way being briefly caught in the rain was nice.
God it so good. He keeps me singing for sure. I am adapting to work and family life without loosing my head. The good news too is that Esther is back to sleeping through the night. It is official (she did it last night - once - that counts right). I have been studying the fruit of the Spirit: Love (never fails), Joy (comes - on ya), Peace (rules), and Patience (waits). So far each of these has come at the perfect time. God loves me so much.

Another thing I have been thinking about. I hate discipline. It is way tooo hard. I firmly believe it is necessary. It is so hard to correct a little girl who is fussy because she missed her nap and you are late feeding supper. She is having a melt down and I need to put in time out because she hit me or something. This isn't a regular occurrence. She truly is so sweet and caring. She is a 2 yr old learing her limits though too. I do believe in parenting/discipline with grace too. We all need passes on bad decisions or what we have said. I always thought I would be the tough one. I am finding I would rather just give her grace and grace and more grace. That is right up until I don't. I wonder how hard it is for God to discipline us. He wants the best for us and we all know at times we need to be called out on something to grow from it. I never have thought about it from His perspective before. Oh how I love these girls and want only the best for them. I think there is a balance. Now just to prayerfully find it. And to get things right in my life so as to avoid any further discipline from God. Lessons are good, but I have felt His hand of discipline too! yikes!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Katie said...

Such amazing lessons they teach us! I praise our God for you and your precious spirit that always knows just when to call! Thanks for calling the other night. We slept from 9:15 to 3:00 this morning (Luke still isn't up yet but I guess my body has gotten used to being up). I think I'm going to make it.

Teri said...

Oh this was good... I am struggling already with the discipline stuff.. seems like it is happening too quickly for me. It is so difficult! He started hitting and biting but we have just about worked through it finally and I see the light at the end of the tunnel but man oh man.. if that was all just at 12 mos..what's to come in the next few? Eeeks! Yes.. I feel ya on this post! Oh.. and surprise! I have joined the blog world!

Monica said...

Yay. Bless you guys...love the new pictures and Thanksgiving blog decorations!