Come have FUN with the Conrads!!!

We lean on Jesus as He is our strength for everyday.
1 Peter 4:11 Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hooray for the Red, White and Blue!

 

 

 

 


We went to the Veteran's park today for the festivities. We are so blessed by God to live in a country where we have such freedom. Freedom that came at a cost. And no I don't mean having to stand in line to vote (as some have complained about this past week). I thank God for his direction in forming our nation. I thank God for today. I know we are not the country He wants us to be with so much dissrespect for Him. Though I know He is still in control today as much as He was years ago. I am thankful for so many in the human race that chose to protect this country. I pray that more would do so and others would respect those that make the choice to do so today. I can only imagine the blessingsGod has in store for us if our elected officals would seek Him and His ways in their daily decisions. Imagine the changes. Imagine if each person would seek Him daily. We probably wouldn't need the government to have so many programs because we would be taking care of our neighbors. Anyway... I love the USA.
Adeline had a blast seeing airplane, parachuters, helicopter, and a couple of Florida Football players today. (We saw the Pouncy twins, Watkins and Hart on the O line they tell me). Yes I was bouncing when I spoke with them. I can't believe I didn't even think to have them autograph Essies head. But it was sad to think I hadn't sung with Adeline our more patriotic heritage and hadn't said the Pledge of Allegiance with her. Some things will change.
Then off to the butterfly garden. Adeline wore her wings. It was soooo cute. Essie actually was noticing the butterflies and really enjoyed it!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Katie said...

Such a sweet reminder...I think Luke and I will start singing and plegding too! Thanks suzanne.