Come have FUN with the Conrads!!!

We lean on Jesus as He is our strength for everyday.
1 Peter 4:11 Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

More in 2009

Wanting more of Jesus. I sure do need it/Him. So I'm off to commit to more than my human nature can commit to. I am committing to reading through the Bible this year. I am all for accountability or folks walking alongside too!

Another goal is to memorize scripture throughout the year. From the Living Proof Blog is where the idea got me. To memorize 2 scriptures a month. Trying to post them on her blog on the 1st and 15th. If anyone would want to make our own version I would be up for that too. I have been praying about doing a facebook event/group for the scripture memory. We wouldn't all memorize the same scripture (though we could). However on Beth's site you comment on a post of hers that is for the scripture that day) (the scripture you want to memorize. I posted mine yesterday on her post that was from the 1st requesting all scriptures folks were memorizing. That is all that there is to it.

I want Adeline and Esther to grow up knowing God's word (hence knowing God all the more). One way is for me to know it myself and infuse it into their lives. I want to be changed with the renewing of my mind. I want to glorify God. He deserves the praise, the honor, the glory for even getting me far (which isn't far at all) enough to consider this mighty task (which remember is going to take a lot of His power through me to accomplish this).

Some websites Pastor Gary mentioned in today's sermon were www.walkthru.org; http://www.visionforum.com; and http://www.davidjeremiah. Bryan found on studylight.org (a site I love) that you can choose "Daily reading plan" along the left side of the screen and then choose your preferences for straight through, new and old, etc). I am Blessed to have a Bible that belonged to my grandfather, Daddy T, that he used to read through the Bible in 1987. It has Old, New, Proverb, and a Psalm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suzanne - it was great to see you and the girls yesterday. I made the same commitment last year to read the bible through but ultimately, did not finish it. However, along the way, I stopped trying to just check off that I had read and really starting studying the word and focusing on smaller amounts of scripture. I'm continuing on the "2 year plan" I guess but knowing ultimately that the goal is to be in the word each day. I'll be praying that you find this time with your Lord to be profound and life changing in 2009.

Katie said...

Suzanne, I read the same blog on LPM and want to do it as well. I would love to have some accountability and the facebook thing sounds GREAT. HOw do we get started?
Here's my scripture: Philippians 3:12 "Not that I have already obtained it, or have already become perfect, but I press on in order that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus."

Dustin Moody said...

Good luck! One of my next goals is to read through the Bible chronogically. Scripture memory is an excellent idea. I'm all for joining a "virtual" accountability group since I'm terrible at motivating myself to do that (how aweful does that sound?!). Anyway, I'm praying for you and Bryan and the girls in 2009.