Come have FUN with the Conrads!!!

We lean on Jesus as He is our strength for everyday.
1 Peter 4:11 Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fungus among us! toothie and poopie on the potty!!!

We need some healing of some finger wounds. I hate to think it, but it may be fungus. GRRR....GREAT! Every time Bryan prays for God to be among us all I hear is fungus. Now I think we have fungus everywhere. (I can almost feel it). If only it were as good as having the Spirit of God with us instead of pesky little ... well fungus. I wish the Spirit of God descended on us like a fungus. Do you know all the cleaning of every surface, toy, and clothing that I am soaking/washing/wiping/scrubbing with bleach? It might be a good thing for me to work as hard at listening to the Spirit of God as I have been a riding the house of the fungus. Also, it is pretty hard to shake free from the mighty grip of God when He has a mind for something. Praying that God keeps me griped and I can wipe away the fungus (and my baby's finger/webspace is healed)!

Esther has her second tooth in sight and hoping it brings a restful night.

Drum roll please..... yes and oh yes .... we are well headed on our way. Adeline, the most wonderful Adeline has put her mind to potty training. My folks visited this weekend. I thought lets head to the park it is so beautiful. We did and I packed up a little potty to take with us because I was trying to let Adeline air out her diaper rash (more than for the goal of potty training). She was so excited to go potty in the back of the 4Runner she did it twice; once as we arrived and again when we left the park. Then when we got home and as I placed the potty down just inside the door she plopped down and left a beautiful surprise of poopie. Awe yes, one less messy diaper. Then amazingly she did that very deed two more times in a matter of hours and we really haven't had much of an issue yet. She wore her princess panties to school 2 days and came home in the same clothes she went in. An accident did happen and the shriek it caused Adeline made my heart hurt. I am so glad we haven't been pressuring her to use the potty and that she basically took to it on her own. (wish all parents could have it this easy, we know it is nothing we have done) Her candy/potty treat intake has gone up exponentially and for that I am grateful. I won't have a daughter graduating from High School in diapers :)
We have been talking about accidents happen and that it is okay. Well, she very sweetly had compassion on Bryan when he spilled some coffee that it is okay Daddy, accidents happen. Though I am sure we aren't tossing the diapers away just yet. But it feels good to be headed in that direction. And yes, accidents happen. (I rear ended another vehicle last week ... a huge orange work truck none the less at a very slow speed - so all are okay. I just feel like a looser. I am claiming this my first run in with the law. The worst part is I was trying to fish out my pager from my purse...and even then I had paged myself to find it! The cops were nice and so were the folks I hit).

5 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my word!! Such exciting times at the Conrads! So sorry about the fungus, so true about the Spirit! Gooo Adeline!!! Thanks for the email this morning! MIss you guys and hope to see you soon.

Clifton said...

wow, you've had a lot going on! Don't worry about bumping a truck - accidents happen :-)

Jan said...

Oh wow!You weren't kidding with the Conrad Family Fun title~ wow! Yay for Adeline! What a cute story, I just may use her example when it is our time and bring a potty in the back of a truck, seems like good motivation for a little one! They always jump at opportunity to do out of norm things. You may be on to a whole new potty strategy here...loved bumping into you yesterday!Hannah thought you were "so cool" in her words.

Monica said...

Among-us-fungus. That I just love. Congratulations to little Addie, she's just adorable! Your title made me laugh out loud.

Don't beat yourself up about all the little things, y'all are doing a great job! Can't wait to catch up soon! Love!

Anonymous said...

I am so PROUD of your big girl, Addy!!! Way to go!! :) Meme love you!