Come have FUN with the Conrads!!!

We lean on Jesus as He is our strength for everyday.
1 Peter 4:11 Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Is she okay?

Adeline asked if Ms. Jill was okay.  She originally had asked where was she as we were waiting to meet her in a parking lot to finish our journey to a well hidden park - Cofrin park.  (we love this park,though don’t go often… it does have a nice nature trail) I said she was probably stuck at a traffic light.  Then a few minutes later is when she asked “Is Ms. Jill okay?”.  It then hit me she thought she was ouch-stuck and not sitting-stuck.  So explained the difference.  We also  have had some “inretesting, intressing, interssting” conversations as she tries out not only saying some difficult words, but also using them in a sentence days or hours later from a conversation overheard. She can recognize most of her numbers, and knows a good many letters.                        Just a pic of my cutie!

IMG_9976

Esther is going to be my girl on the edge of excitement (aka… my heart flutters often).  I am thinking about taking out a prepaid ER plan as well as a prepaid college plan.  She not only climbs all over the fire place hearth (which we thought we had barricaded by a couch and some pillows that now have paved the way for her to climb onto a table top), a step stool with graduated steps, but now a good little stool that she has to hike her legs up on and pull on up with who knows what so that she can play in the kitchen sink.  I have a picture of her at the bathroom sink that she has been navigating a week or more.  The most recent stool is much more difficult and only in the last couple days.  Bryan found her at the kitchen sink with kiddie lids and bowls from their lunches.  She has been climbing into Adeline’s standard twin bed for a while with the help of a miniature stool (a few inches off the ground).  With her height and courage we are going to have to be praying hard for safety.

IMG_0045

I have been looking in to Awanas here of late b/c I think Adeline will start this in the Fall.  I am rather excited. It seems to equip children and parents in teaching their children about the love of Jesus.  I have a call into the church to see about parent orientation of sorts.  Online there are a lot of extra resources for parents.  Even a day by day calendar, a link within that last link for parents with ideas, etc.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

they are both so beautiful! Esther looks so tall at the sink. I had so much fun with Addy the other night, and really appreciate y'all letting me have some of her time ;)

Maria said...

I can't believe how much Esther's grown. They are both precious! Hope ya'll are doing well!

Abby and Jacob said...

I'm so proud of both of them. Addy seems so smart and Essie so brave and active (I'm sure she is also smart!). Dont worry, the courageous are usually tough, too.

meme said...

Essie looks so 'grown up' at the sink....can't wait to see them tomorrow night....oh, yeah..you, too!! :)

Jill said...

So sweet that Adeline was concerned about me being stuck. :-)

Look at Essie reaching the sink! I can't imagine Kate doing that in a month. Yikes! You've got a daring girl.