Come have FUN with the Conrads!!!

We lean on Jesus as He is our strength for everyday.
1 Peter 4:11 Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Adeline's deep thoughts

So Adeline and I were noticing steeple's on the different Churches.  She was wondering why some had them and some didn't. Then she noticed some had cross's and some didn't.  We talked about some churches have people in them that don't believe that Jesus was God's son.  She immediately said, Well that is sad. I asked why.  She said that up in heaven they will have to be separated from God.  I mean how could they not love Jesus.  We are born sinning as babies, but He never sinned.  He did lots of good deeds, don't they believe that. Oh My I almost fell out of my chair.  We talked about believing Jesus was good is not the same as believing He was God's son who died for us (and was raised back to life - I skipped that part today though she knows it).   She then got a little off track, though I am very proud still, but she asked if people that go to those church use bad words when they talk.  (Maybe I should have asked her how many times has she heard these people with bad words... little ones do hear everything!) We talked about very good people still might not love Jesus.  That is why we have to tell everyone about Him and how much He loves them.  You could tell it was about all she could handle and quickly started talking about Essie.

Thank you Jesus for the spiritual awareness you have given this sweet dear.  I pray you fill her with love for You and sharing that love with others.

2 comments:

Abby and Jacob said...

Isnt it rewarding when they offer up things that you werent sure they were getting? Love that!

Bad words....ugh....I'm mad at the world (or whoever it is that said it) for teaching Josiah a bad word recently!

Unknown said...

What an awesome conversation to have with a five year old!