Come have FUN with the Conrads!!!

We lean on Jesus as He is our strength for everyday.
1 Peter 4:11 Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Beach advice and memories

Suzanne blogging here - too lazy to sign in as myself.

BEACH ADVICE: take a wet wash cloth in a zip lock bag for eye emergencies, even if you don't think you need the water diapers - YOU do (or doo doo), bouncy seats are great on the beach for babies, take as many family memebers (thanks to the conrad/overmans) as possible for the most successful trips! Wagons are great too!

Adeline is adorable loving the beach. She has no real fear of the water (which creates some fear in me). I like it when she and I are on the same fear page because then I know Bryan can't take her out deep. Yesterday Bryan, Annie and Chad were out deep catching waves to body surf and Adeline kept wanting to go out deep. It was too strong and the waves too high. I could hardly hold onto her with the waves at waist deep water. Besides there was no "shark bait" as I call it. Meaning there were no other swimmers out deeper than us. It was cloudy and no pelicans another sign that allows me to go out further than my waist. I'm methodically crazy! At any rate I eventually broke my own rules and went out b/c Bill was holding Adeline up on the beach and I was REALLY wanting to go in. I think it has been 2 years since we have been to the beach.

Back to Addy... she plays in the sand, digging, tearing down your creations, finding shells only to throw them into the water, running and chasing just about anything, people watching, jumping waves, riding her bike (with bryan helping), wagon rides, sitting, and of course eating all the snacks. She loves sitting at the edge of the water letting the little waves come and go. (I have come to enjoy this as well - use to avoid it due to the sand in your suit issue... but my love of Addy got rid of that). We did have a poopy come out while at the pool. She freaked and bryan had to take care of it as I couldn't stop laughing. The sand dunes will never be the same where he rinsed her off.

She has 3-4 word groupings regularly and has started using pronouns like "my purse" and was using "your..." regularly this last week. At dinner last night she assigned everyone place, set the table, and kept each person safe by informing them each time they got roast that it was "hot". She is very aware of what is "hot" and what is spicy "picy". She is really trying to use the potty. She has been successful at least once a day this week. She loves her "potty treats".

Esther is so alert. She has been very in tune with the art work and pillows where we are staying. She has been so content going to the beach and pool no matter when it is in her schedule. She will eat or sleep just about anywhere. We have been taking her bouncy seat to the beach. She love to have her hair blowing in the breeze. Martha bought a "tent/shelter" for us to feed her in and place her for shade. The cool thing about the beach here is you can drive on it. And the past 2 times that is what we have done. Popping the back to the 4-runner has allowed for enough shade. As the winds are so strong that the shelter has turned into a rather large kite practically. We did fly a real kite and I hope the pictures turn out so I can post them.


My folks dropped by the beach place today after a week long cruise... just a little jealous though not really as Essie, Adeline and I have been at the beach all week with Martha and Annie. Chad, Bryan and Bill joined for the weekend. Go Gators.. though we had horrible beach weather we got to cheer the Gators on to victory!

long long post... hopefully years from now Adeline and Esther will be reading this and appreciate all these details. As for friends and family... it might seem a little long :) Thank you MARTHA and BILL for a wonderful week at the beach!!! Sorry Calhoun that you missed all of it. I think you would have loved it.
oh... and I got a Phil and Ted stroller from the Jacksonville craigs list... so very very exciting. Watch out paths here we come. The beach fears the stoller as well.

4 comments:

Clifton said...

sounds like a great time! (minus the poopy of course...I love kids but I'm SO not ready for that yet..haha, that's a LONG way off)

Katie said...

Suzanne, I loved reading about your trip and was even more encouraged that life doesn't stop with an infant!!! You guys inspire me! I've been checking your blog all week to see what you guys have been up to. Glad you had such a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

A dream come true!! Thanks to all the family that made this week all that I had hoped for!! It was so much fun waking up and hearing the first thing out of Addy's mouth....Meme...let's make waffles!!:) and seeing Esther coo and smile....so sweet! and of course the time we spent with the 'big' kids. So much fun seeing the them frolick in the waves!!! love you, martha

Unknown said...

What a great week at the beach!! I love "even if you don't think you need a water diaper.. you doo doo!!" Poor little pooping Addy.