Come have FUN with the Conrads!!!

We lean on Jesus as He is our strength for everyday.
1 Peter 4:11 Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Welcome to a perfect day in the life of a pretend stay at home mommy

"Welcome to Moe's" is exactly what Adeline said today as we were standing in line for Moe's today. The staff hadn't even said it. This is unusual and I had even mentally made a note of just how unusual it was not to hear those words. Then out they came from Addy. Apparently she missed the welcoming too. So she said it for the folks coming in and going out.
A perfect day today. Fall is here... with a high today of 84 or so. This morning was BEAUTIFUL. In weather and due to the fact I got to spend it with Adeline. The 3 girls went for a walk (with my wonderful new stroller). The air was crisp and wonderful. We had fun picking up acorns, sticks and whatever else. We saw a turtle, frogs and water fountains. It is so much fun hanging out with a 2 year old.
(preceding tangent that will give away some of what is coming: on our week of beach fun one guy said to me at a restaurant "what a lovely 6 month old baby" I chuckled and thought to myself, he is way off on that one. Now I know he wasn't the one that was off the typical scale)

Then off for a well check for Esther: can you believe she is 16lbs. She is off the height (24in) and weight growth charts for girls. She is heavier now than Adeline was at 4 months. No wonder we are cruising through diapers and wearing 6mo sized clothes. I thought it was going quicker than it did with Adeline. At any rate, we are blessed with a healthy baby girl. She is tough - she endured her immunizations. Adeline wasn't too happy about them though. She kissed Esther on the head as she was crying. She had her ears checked today.
Thank goodness for Karen at Kids Health Team allowing us to double dip. As Addy came down with double ear infections on our way out of town to the beach.

Then we had lunch with Bryan at Moe's... hence the above story. Nap time and then we were off to the Butterfly Garden. We all love it there!
Perfect day I would say: So no laundry or cleaning today. It was just how I imagine every day is for those stay at home moms. They don't ever have to do that sort of stuff either - I'm sure of it. Just fun fun and more fun. That is what I had today - my imaginary stay-at-home-mommy day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Suzanne! I thought you looked especially wonderful last night.. it's b/c you had had the perfect day. (until I let Calhoun out and you had to chase him to the neighbors house!) Hope you have more.