Come have FUN with the Conrads!!!

We lean on Jesus as He is our strength for everyday.
1 Peter 4:11 Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Whys have hit and hit hard

I knew the day was coming the moment we knew we were expecting a baby… and it is official that just about everything you say will then be replied to with a why.  Many times in response to things that we have been doing regularly.  Adeline “where are you going”; Me “I’m going to work” (though now reflecting on this response I am a little disappointed – helping people, serving God, seems like there are many other reasons I work that are more what I would think are the true reasons I work) AC “Why”; Me “ To make money”;  AC “Why”; Me “So we can eat”; AC “Why”; Me “Because God made us to need food” (thinking that would be the end of it); AC “Why”; at this point I distract.  Later today I told her she should ask God when she gets to Heaven.  I now wonder if this is how God thinks about it.  Something that to Him seems so logical and timely to Him, yet we keep asking why.

Then, another new favorite… “Watch me Mom”.  Oh how my heart leaps with joy that she wants my attention.  You might should check back in with me in a month or a year to see if I still feel this way.  Right now it is a pure blessing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cracking up! We are not to that point yet...or maybe he skipped it? I don't know. Love the "watch this mommy" though.