Come have FUN with the Conrads!!!

We lean on Jesus as He is our strength for everyday.
1 Peter 4:11 Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

saved $82 today

So I do believe I am at least on my way to being officially a coupon person. I clipped last when I was in college and haven't touched them since seriously. Even then I would carry them around and forget to use them or leave them at home when I really needed them. Having children and using www.e-mealz.com (a membership that gives you a menu, shopping list and recipes based on the sale items recommended by Dave Ramsey) has definitely helped get me more organized in only going to the grocery store once every 7-10 days. Unlike those carefree days of running to the store every other day practically for one item or another. So glad that is over.

Last week I saved $59.36 ($12 were vendor savings and $1 store coupon... others were the sale paper type savings). Then today I saved $82.55 ($30.39 in vendor and $8 in store coupons).

Just b/c I am sooo excited I have to share my most memorable savings: I bought one 12pk of coke and got 4 free; and bought one mac n cheese and got 3 free; 2 A1 sauces for $1.

I am putting together a post or two on how I am doing it... but thought I might try to gain a bit more experience. Both weeks I spent approx the same amount. And to top it off I don't get the newspaper. Imagin the savings if I had that....so Yippee!!!

6 comments:

meme said...

wow...I'm impressed....so, how DID you get the coke??? I was excited because Publix had coke on sale....when I got home...bill had gotten some too...so, now we have LOTS of diet coke...so much for 'giving it up'!

Abby and Jacob said...

I've been trying this lately, too, but I cant say I've saved as much as you! We dont get the paper either (just another expense). I have just been going to coupons.com and shopping the in store deals and planning ahead. I welcome your ideas, though!

Unknown said...

Way to go Suzanne!! I'm so impressed. I got all coupon gung ho a few months ago and saved $40 one time, but never saw the bigs bucks like you and some others, and have since kind of fizzled I guess. I did save a dollar at Target today. Guess I need some sort of couponing support group. I am just not good at being that organized!

heene said...

how much did you spend? We saved 45 the other day but still spent 80. Just curious.

Sandi said...

Wow! I'm impressed! You must be kin to Jim Shunk!

Suzanne said...

spent $180 and $200... not as good as you Maria. Do you have any tips for us?!!! Please do share!